Saturday, July 17, 2010

Chapter One

It took a little bit, but I finally got around to writing this...

Chapter One

"Oh, no!" the girl gasped as the things that she was holding fell into
the water.

"Teddy!" I exclaimed. I ran up to them. "I am so sorry," I said to
her. "I'm trying to teach him not to shout at people on the pier when
they're not looking at him, but it doesn't seem to be working. Was
that anything important?"

She sighed and shook her head, causing her short brown hair to barely
move. "Not really."

"I'm Teddy, and I'm four," my little brother offered.

She smiled. "Hi, Teddy. I'm Casey."

"How old are you?"

"I'm fifteen."

"You're almost my brother's age! He's sixteen!"

"And where does your brother go to school?"

"He goes to high school."

She laughed.

"I go to St. Georges," I supplied.

She lifted her chin and raised an eyebrow. "Catholic school boy."

I wasn't sure how to respond to this, so I just shrugged.

"You like it there?"

"It's not too bad."

"I'm sure it isn't," she said.

This girl sure knew how to keep me from talking.

She stood up carefully and smiled at my brother. "Bye, Teddy. It was
nice talking to you."

"Where are you going?" I blurted out. Sometimes I sounded more like
Teddy than he did himself.

"Home. Maybe I'll see you around..."

"Andy."

She nodded and walked away.

"She's pretty," Teddy said.

"Yeah, she sure is."

No comments:

Post a Comment